- HEALTH & NUTRITION
Cell regeneration supplements: revitalize your body from the inside out
Optimizing your mind, body and emotions starts from the inside, with your cells. Whether you're wanting to support your immune system, your mental clarity, rejuvenate your skin or simply support your overall health and well-being, it all begins with revitalizing your cells.
Mar 20, 2023|
Mar 20, 2023
And with roughly 37 trillion cells throughout your entire body, it's no wonder you can feel a little flat or sluggish when your cells aren't up to scratch.
So, if you're looking to unlock more energy, age healthier and have faster exercise recovery, you need to rejuvenate your body from the inside out. But before we get into how to replenish your cells, it's worth understanding how the cell regeneration process works first.
Getting to know the cell regeneration process
Like most things in life, your cells don't last forever. But rather than your body allowing itself to deteriorate with time, it has a number of different processes in place that help to replace old or damaged cells with fresh, new, healthy cells. Known as cellular regeneration, this process helps to maintain the function and structure of tissues and organs, which is essential for optimizing your mind and body. Some animals have the ability to regenerate entire body parts, including limbs, tails and even head regeneration in some instances!
The cell regeneration process involves several mechanisms, including:
- Apoptosis: often referred to as ‘programmed cell death’, this is the natural process your body takes when cells become unneeded or abnormal.
- Autophagy: allows for the recycling cellular components of old or damaged cells. Autophagy helps to clear out damaged or dying cells, which helps to promote further cell regeneration.
- Cell division: this process involves a single cell dividing into two daughter cells, which ultimately increases the number of cells in an organ or tissue.
- Stem cell proliferation: stem cells are unspecialized cells with the ability to differentiate into a number of different cell types. Because of this ability, stem cells contribute to tissue regeneration by being the starting material for tissue specialization.
- Inflammation: this is a natural immune system response to injury or infection that helps to attract immune cells to the injury site to prompt tissue repair.
Your body takes care of the cell regeneration process itself with the help of a few hormones, growth factors and signalling pathways. But as you age, your body's cell regeneration process starts to decline. Luckily, there are a number of ways you can support your body and stem cell production from the inside out, like supplementation.
Supporting successful regeneration with supplements
While your body has mastered the regenerative processes, you can do your part to support cell regeneration and your overall well-being with the help of dietary supplements.
Here are six common supplements that are thought to stimulate regeneration.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10): CoQ10 is an incredibly important molecule that's present throughout all cells in the human body. It plays a number of essential functions and is most known for its role in energy production. CoQ10 also has antioxidant properties that allow it to help fight oxidative stress and potentially slow cell aging.
- Antioxidants: while CoQ10 can serve as an antioxidant, antioxidants in general are believed to have beneficial effects on stem cells by protecting against oxidative damage.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: these essential fatty acids are important for cell membrane health and have the ability to regulate certain cell membrane properties. Omega-3 fatty acids are also thought to possess important immune-regulatory properties that allow them to support immune cells and overall immune system function.
- Resveratrol: this compound, found in red wine and certain plants, is thought to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. is thought to stimulate the regeneration of the stem cells involved in skeletal tissue, helping to promote bone health.
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC): This antioxidant-cum-amino acid helps to boost cell health and support cell regeneration by combating the effects of oxidative stress.
- Glutathione: a natural antioxidant produced by the human body, is essential for normal stem cell function. It plays a number of roles, from preventing oxidative damage to regulating signalling pathways that are important for promoting regeneration.
How MitoQ can support cell regeneration
Keeping your cells happy and healthy is essential for successful regeneration. And with MitoQ, revitalizing your body from the inside out is as easy as taking two capsules each morning. From following a healthy lifestyle and getting enough sleep to supporting your cells by incorporating MitoQ into your daily routine, it's these small lifestyle changes that add up to big shifts in your overall health and well-being.
How to add more life to your years
Nov 15, 2023|
How to bio-hack your hormones
Nov 13, 2023|