We all aspire to lead a healthy and happy life and deep down we know the foundation for this is a healthy diet, minimising poor habits like smoking and drinking, and being active. However, even if we look after ourselves, our health and energy levels are gradually compromised simply due to the natural aging process. This lack of energy and overall health is often accelerated through illness or accident, stress, reduced exercise and over-consumption in all areas. Read our 14 tips for a longer, healthier life!
1. Eat healthy food. Minimise processed foods and foods with high levels of sugar and saturated fat
2. Move more! Do at least 20 minutes of physical activity every day. If exercise is a challenge for you that’s okay. Start with just 5 minutes and build up slowly. You will be amazed how quickly the small changes you make each day will make a big, positive difference
3. Be smoke-free
4. Drink lots of water. Avoid sugar-laden drinks such as fruit juice, carbonated drinks and energy drinks
5. Reduce / Manage stress. Be mindful of your stress levels, be active in your stress management
6. If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation and be aware of your limits
7. Have regular health checks from your Doctor or Nurse. If you are male, 45 or over, or female 55+, you should aim to have a regular ‘Heart and Diabetes’ check. This will identify what things in your life might be putting you at risk for a heart attack, stroke, or of developing diabetes. These are things such as age, family history, smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and being physically inactive. Some of these risk factors can't be changed, and need to be actively managed. But many risk factors can be changed by you making healthy lifestyle choices
8. Maintain good control of your blood sugar levels, blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and body weight
9. If you take medication, take it regularly, ‘on time’
10. Dental health – Look after your teeth! Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss regularly and often
11. ‘These feet were made for walking’, so be good to them! Always wear comfortable footwear and if you suffer from diabetes check your feet daily for any cuts, abrasions or swelling
12. Be social! Keep in regular contact with family and friends. Surround yourself with positive people who care about your well-being
13. Exercise with others and share your goals!
14. Take your MitoQ daily! MitoQ will boost your mitochondria, slow the aging process and provide your cells and organs with the energy they need to perform optimally for longer.
Mitochondria are tiny organelles in almost all the cells in your body. They are responsible for providing your body with the chemical energy required to fight fatigue, ensure peak organ function to combat illness and support healthy aging. This is why mitochondria are often called the body’s cellular batteries.
Mitochondria possess the unique characteristic of having a double membrane which allows them to perform a number of different biochemical reactions; one of the most important is cellular respiration. Cellular respiration is the most efficient way for the body to convert carbohydrates, fats, and proteins from the food we eat into fuel for cells. This fuel is called adenosine triphosphate or ATP.
ATP is considered by biologists to be the energy currency of life. Without healthy mitochondria in abundance, you cannot produce the ATP to transport vital energy to your cells to help your body function.
Researchers now believe that both degenerative diseases and aging are linked to the reduction of mitochondrial function that happens normally over time.
Long Term Health
Maintaining healthy mitochondria so that they can continue to deliver energy at a cellular level, is the key to your long term health and well-being.
A healthy body will allow you to achieve your goals and enjoy life to the full well into the future.
MitoQ is a breakthrough formulation that, for the first time ever, has been designed to reach mitochondria. By adding a positive charge to the body’s own natural antioxidant CoQ10, MitoQ literally floods the negatively charged mitochondria and is able to fight free radical damage, restore antioxidant capacity and support their overall function.
When you do this, you re-energise your cells which helps to slow the aging process and supports long term organ health.
Research has shown that after oral administration, MitoQ rapidly accumulates in mitochondria-rich tissue such as the heart, brain, skeletal muscle, liver and kidneys. There it supports against a range of conditions associated with oxidative stress.
When taken alongside a healthy diet and exercise, MitoQ can reduce damage to your cells inflicted by free radicals, and boost energy production.
When your cells have the energy they need, you will look and feel younger, for longer!