Is this mint chocolate ketogenic snack the secret to balanced blood sugar and healthy mitochondria? Well almost; not only is sugar considered detrimental to our waistline and teeth, it’s also the enemy of our mitochondria and contributes to many metabolic health issues. Consuming excess sugar puts the Mitochondria under stress, causing them to emit free radicals. This is called oxidative stress. So, small changes in your diet can help reduce this oxidative damage to your cells. Check out the below recipe for some inspiration!
Keto Mint Chip Fat Bombs
Makes 6 fat bombs
-2 tablespoons coconut oil
-3 tablespoons coconut butter or coconut manna, cream concentrate
-2 tablespoons macadamia butter
-5 drops vanilla stevia
-1 teaspoon peppermint extract
-pinch Celtic sea salt
-1 tablespoon chocolate chips
1) Combine coconut oil, coconut butter, and macadamia nut butter in a saucepan.
2) Stir mixture over very low heat until melted.
3) Stir in stevia, mint, and salt.
4) Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5) Stir in chocolate.
6) Refrigerate for 5 minutes until mixture is firm.
7) Use a 1.5-teaspoon ice cream scoop to transfer mixture into mini muffin cups.
8) Refrigerate and serve chilled.